Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Sittwe, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC has now been operational in Myanmar for 10 years and has three area of operation and 11 field offices; North West; Rakhine and Chin, North East; Kachin and Shan and South East; Mon, Taninthary, Kayin, Kayah, and Bago.
NRC responds to the needs of people displaced by multiple conflicts, those displaced by natural hazards and those vulnerable to displacement.
Due to new funding we are now looking for an additional ICLA PM for our team in Sittwe.
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management for project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, North West (NW) Area and ICLA strategies
- Initiate and participate in the development of relevant ICLA projects
- Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular information to the Integrated Area Programme Manager and the ICLA CC Specialist
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budgets and coordinate across CCs and make sure projects are aligned to Integrated Programming
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- The ICLA project Manager reports to the Programme Manager.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Project management experience, including management of staff and team building/motivation
- Technical ICLA expertise, including some knowledge on international standards on
- Housing, Land and Property rights and access to nationality and statelessness issues in relation to forced displacement
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the context in Myanmar
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.