Information Field Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
The ICLA (Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance) Information Field Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the ICLA program in Beirut and Mount Lebanon through providing quality information and counseling to beneficiaries to develop a better understanding of the protection situation for the target communities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the delegated ICLA programme portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the ICLA programme.
- Work cooperatively with the beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out data collection as required
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in programme daily implementation as per the set NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensure reporting any breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection-related detected cases are referred to as the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Develop and manage a weekly activity plan for the provision of information sessions in Beirut and Mount Lebanon under the supervision of the Information Field Officer
- Gather information on activities being implemented by other humanitarian actors in Beirut and Mount Lebanon and provide it to the Information Field Officer in order to maintain a clear, comprehensive and up-to-date written mapping of services
- Provide information and counselling to beneficiaries on how to access basic services through individual and group information sessions conducted in centres or other humanitarian organizations and through outreach, in accordance with ICLA structure and guidance, and agreed work plans
- Provide information and counselling to beneficiaries on legal issues (legal status, civil documentation, including birth registration, and Housing, Land and Property rights), in accordance with ICLA structure and guidance, and agreed work plans
- Use agreed templates and tools to document ICLA's activities in the field
- Provide inputs to ICLA reports on activities in Beirut and Mount Lebanon and on gaps, challenges and opportunities and suggestions as how to respond to them, as required by the Information Field Officer and ICLA Coordinator.
- Assist the Information Field Officer in developing materials to be used in ICLA field activities
- Assist in arranging appointments with ICLA lawyers and appropriately manage ICLA's legal assistance cases, in accordance with ICLA structure, guidelines and principles and in close liaison with the Legal Field Officer (and/or legal focal points, as relevant)
- Provide inputs to the Information Field Officer on information, legal and protection needs of target communities that are identified during the course of information and counselling activities
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure the satisfactory progress, quality, efficiency and accountability of ICLA's activities in BML, in accordance with the agreed monitoring and evaluation plan for BML
- Organize ICLA project documents properly and in a timely manner and in accordance with the ICLA filing structure and principles of confidentiality and protection
- Assist the Assessments team in preparing for and conducting stand-alone assessments in BML
- Carry out any other related ICLA tasks as requested by the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, International Relations or Social Sciences
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in the humanitarian/development sector
- Experience in legal and/or protection work in a humanitarian context (desirable)
- Experience of providing information and counselling services (desirable)
- Experience of community sensitization (desirable)
- Proficiency in Arabic and in English, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Office
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Handling insecure environments