Information Management Assistant
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Belem, Brazil
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Qualifications
- Assist in compiling and aggregating information elements and produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data and assist producing summary statistics and reports.
- Assist in the collection of relevant information data from UNHCR Protection and other partners, in coordination with the relevant Units in the Office.
- Liaise with partners and review relevant data and information produced.
- Assist UNHCR Protection team in developing and implementing data collection plans and instruments (i.e. needs assessment, response monitoring) for baseline and context-specific information needs.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR and Protection Sector data and information with partner agencies.
- Assist in developing and maintaining database management systems.
- Liaise with UNHCR partners and Sector partners.
- Perform as Reporting focal point and in this function, provide assistance with regards to production of internal and external reports, factsheets, institutional presentations, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 1 year of relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
- Social sciences, communications, international relations and other related fields.
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Geographic Information Systems, Information Management, Information Systems
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Communication and computer skills. Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of mapping applications.
- Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.