UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Under the general supervision of the WASH Section Head, the IMO will coordinate daily the process of collecting data on interventions, their operation, analysis and the development of reports and infographics related to them, within the given time, to serve as a reference for programmatic and donor reporting. It will work closely with the NOB WASH Specialists and NOBs based in Yaoundé and in the area offices, government partners, Communes and Regional Water and Energy Delegations of the regions covered by the program.
How can you make a difference?
Knowledge Management / WASH Program Data
- Participate fully in all stages of data production and information management: development of information management tools, data collection, data analysis and writing of information products (including dashboards, thematic maps, infographics);
- Provide technical coordination for the preparation of program reports required for monitoring the performance of the Program;
- Organize regular data archiving, including for water, hygiene and sanitation interventions in emergency situations.
Capacity building of local actors
- Provide MINEE municipalities and deconcentrated structures with technical assistance and operational support for the production, operation and use of data and generate information for evidence-based data management;
- Contribute to strengthening the institutional capacities of the central and regional and decentralized partners in data management in the water, hygiene and sanitation sector.
Partnership, coordination and collaboration
- Facilitate partnerships and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those from other UN Agencies, to strengthen the capacity to collect and disseminate data and information on program results;
- Establish and maintain a link with the Program Management and Knowledge Network to ensure the continued availability of up-to-date WASH program data.
To qualify as an advocate for every child ...
EDUCATION: Have a university degree in the field of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation, Rural Engineering, Geography, Geographic Information System, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Information Management, Statistics or in a equivalent domain.b.
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience in NICTs, geographic information management and the use of databases, particularly in the water, hygiene and sanitation sector;
- Have experience in the collection and analysis of data on access to water, sanitation and hygiene services, as well as related indicators;
- Having a very good knowledge of the water sector, hygiene and sanitation in Cameroon, particularly in the areas of sector analysis, planning, and service management would be a major asset;
- Proven experience with the UN System / International Organizations / NGOs would be an asset.
- Have a perfect mastery of French
- Ability to produce briefing notes in English