Information Management Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Yemen
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC’s Yemen seeks to establish and implement data and information management systems that will enable improvement of internal management, program/project performance and evidence-based decision-making. Within this context, the Information Management Officer will develop, maintain, and support information management systems to support project implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
Generic responsibilities :
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents .
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
Specific responsibilities :
- Under the supervision of the Education cluster coordinator, collect, collate and consolidate data from the Education cluster teams in West Coast to feed the hub.
- Update regularly the Information Management Strategy and the Dissemination Plan for all information management related products produced by education cluster.
- Responsible for establishment and day to day management of the education hub database and monitoring system.
- Consolidate inputs from the education partners in the west coast for sub-national cluster and offer support required by the National Coordinator.
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flows.
- Support analysis, reporting and visualization of data capture efforts by education cluster members.
- Design necessary data collection tools, ensuring that the purpose and use of data collected is clear and that questions are simple, clear and collectable.
- Organise and manage data input from data collection tools and conduct initial analysis of the data.
- Gather relevant secondary data and information resources.
- Proactively gather information from relevant cluster partners, UN agencies and other organisations which may be of use to the employing agency or cluster for informing decisions.
- Develop an information-sharing platform as a web-portal.
- Locate GIS datasets and/or GIS contacts from various agencies, cities and explicit districts in West Coast.
- Organise and maintain GIS data in accordance with the education cluster data management protocols.
- Capacity building and training implementation of education cluster teams on information management tools and processes.
- Responsible for inclusion and presentation of data in the maps, other geographic information products, charts and info-graphics materials in coordination with education cluster members.
- Identify the crisis triggers and modifiers on regular basis, analyse and develop reports. Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; prepare the statistical charts, tables and reports as required by the cluster.
- Maintain up to date beneficiaries’ database in collaboration with education cluster members.
- Update 4W matrix with inputs from the with information Education cluster.
- Participate in education cluster meetings and offer the support in presenting the relevant data and information.
- Any other additional responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience in Information Management field in an emergency /recovery context .
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts .
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities .
- Some knowledge of English.
- Good command of GIS software (ArcMap) and other data visualization software.
- Data collection and Analytical Skills.
- Practical experience in dealing with electronic data collection.
- Very good use of Microsoft applications and specially Excel.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in information management.