The Information Management Officer, in coordination and cooperation with project staff, and supervised by the Project Manager, is expected:
To be responsible for the management, analysis, and sharing of data related to program activities as well as DRC’s population of concern, with the aim to provide reliable, quality and comprehensive information that supports the development of an evidence-based humanitarian response.
To have a country focus and ensures compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities
Strategic and Program Development
- Assist regular analysis of political and security developments and themes in southeast Tunisia, collecting and sharing relevant information, nationally and locally
- Assist the development and implementation of DRC’s South Tunisia program strategy
- Contribute to internal discussions and information-sharing sessions on thematic issues related to violence prevention, conflict management, community security, and border management
- Contribute to creating and developing inter-agency coordination mechanisms to collect/verify/disseminate information focused on border dynamics but also with a broader country level perspective
Information management strategy and standards
- Support effective use of project management tools and development of new tools and procedures as needed
- Assist administrative tasks related to financial, logistics, and human resources management
- Assist in grants management tasks such as ensuring that the ERP system is regularly updated.
- Data management and analysis
- Ensure effective data management by developing data collection tools and methodologies, designing and managing database systems for data management and analysis purposes.
- Ensure availability of updated and quality information for informed decision-making by DRC’s program team by identifying pertinent variables, including analyzing and interpreting multiples datasets, identifying trends and patterns in protection issues and humanitarian needs affecting DRC’s populations of concerns.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Monitor forthcoming research, media, and events related to community security, conflict management, and integrated border management in Tunisia
- Support the capacities of relevant local staff in reporting and information management
- Maintain an organized filing system to manage and preserve all project documentation in a safe and accessible way
- Promote a culture of learning by actively identifying challenges supporting the identification of lessons learned
- Drafts information products such as reports, charts, and infographics by turning data into graphic products to facilitate the dissemination of information to external stakeholders for the purpose of reporting, information sharing and advocacy.
- Designs the layouts of reporting and presentation templates using graphic design programs ensuring the attractiveness and clarity of the information products
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a dissemination plan for all information products, including the definition of standard operating procedures for clearing information products for release.
- Adopt a conflict sensitivity approach in all tasks performed individually and by the team.
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in information management, database management, mapping, and web development
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies and proven capacity to analyze statistical information
- Proven abilities in data collection, compilation, analysis, and reporting with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner and effective oral communication
- Proven skills in infographic management
- A university degree in social science, political science, or related field
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and French
- Advance English proficiency
- Arabic language required