Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for the management, analysis and sharing of data related to Child Protection activities, with the aim to provide reliable, quality and comprehensive information on project activities, progress towards indicators and child protection trends that supports the development of evidence based Child Protection programming. Responsible for supporting the management and coordination of the Information Management system of DRC Child Protection programmes, including IM and database support to programme colleagues. Reporting, archiving, and support to other data collection and data entry needs. Coordinating with DRC field and programme staff to support all information management needs.
Geographic scope: Area (Rakhine)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area information management strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or information management guidance to Child Protection programmes.
Information management strategy and standards
- Contribute to the development of DRC ’s information management strategy by reviewing Child Protection information needs and gaps, evaluating current information management processes and tools and drafting an information collection and management plan in support of DRC ’s Child Protection activities.
- Ensure the compliance of information systems and processes with the applicable standards and guidelines related to confidentiality, information management, and data protection.
- Ensure information regarding beneficiaries is consolidated into one database and is up to date; identify missing data and flag to Information Management Team Leader.
Data management and analysis
Ensure effective Child Protection data management by developing data collection tools and methodologies, designing and managing Child Protection database systems for data management and analysis purposes. This includes:
- Managing online and excel databases for DRC ’s CP projects , supporting the registration of CP beneficiaries in relevant databases, generating indicator progress reports, perform data quality checks of database on a regular basis and report any issues to the Information Management Team Leader
- Ensure availability of updated and quality information for informed decision -making by DRC’s CP team by identifying pertinent variables, including analyzing and interpreting multiples datasets, identifying trends and patterns in CP issues affecting DRC’s populations of concern.
- Support programme colleagues in case of any technical difficulties or questions regarding the database and IM in general; provide trainings for colleagues on how to use the database.
- Draft information products such as reports, charts, and infographics by turning data into graphic products to facilitate the dissemination of information to external stakeholders for the purpose of reporting, information sharing, and advocacy.
- Support CP colleagues in case of any technical difficulties or questions regarding the database and IM in general; provide trainings for colleagues on how to use the database.
- perform backup operations; contribute to the formatting and development of documents regarding collected data.
- Support to coding of online tools and Kobo/ODK forms.
- Asset management - ensuring safe storage of tablets, updating with correct forms, uploading data, and keeping track of changes on the Kobo tools.
- Support in providing anonymized beneficiary lists and data for monitoring activities, including PDM and evaluation reports.
- In line with DRC’s Information Management SOPs and Protection Information Management minimum standards, keep all data protected and confidential.
- *Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Line Manager and / or Project Manager -Protection -CP
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 2 years of relevant experience in information management and database management with and Child Protection or related programming with
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies and proven capacity to analyse statistical information
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- Knowledge of ODK systems (such as KOBO, Comm Care, Survey CTO, XLS Form)
- Proven abilities in data collection, compilation, analysis and reporting with ability to write in a clear and concise manner and effective oral communication skill
- Proven skills in infographic management
- Basic or Intermediate skills in Excel
- The capacity to learn quickly and the desire to specialize in information management
- An understanding of Child Protection or related programming and the need for data security, or the capacity to learn quickly about these topics.
- Prepared to work with both Rakhine Buddhist and Muslim communities.
- Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree (BA/BSc) in Computer Science,
- IT, communications or another relevant technical field.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluent in Burmese and advanced level in English.
- Additional local languages would be an asset.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Eligible staff who has good collaboration between program teams.
- External candidates who have experience cooperating with relevant government counterparts.
- Community members.
- Starting date of employment: (As soon as possible).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
- This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment.