Information Management Officer (Reporting & Monitoring)
UNICEF, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Expected Results
- Supports timely and accurate information flow of work with relevant programme section in the preparation of high quality reports including donor reports by standardizing formats, contents and ensuring adherence to donor/UNICEF global standards and requirements/agreements. Provide support in financial verification and quality assurance of reports. Maintains essential contacts with programme sections at UNICEF country and field offices.
- Supports in the production of humanitarian situation reports, donor appeals and updates related to the humanitarian assistance in the country in line with EMOPS standards and guidelines in coordination with field colleagues, cluster focal points, emergency unit and programme sections.
- Provides support in monitoring implementation of UNICEF programmes by providing technical input to programme sections and field office. Keep track of monitoring activities within the country office (both in Islamabad and in the field office). Support third party field monitoring (both for regular and emergency work) and ensure that quality standards are maintained, checklists and reporting templates are updated from time to time; and prepare summary report for the management containing the key issues identified by the field monitors and follow-up actions by the programme sections. Support the set-up and use of online programme monitoring and reporting systems. In case of emergency, support humanitarian performance monitoring (HPM) and update the CCC monitoring and reporting templates and make sure that the high frequency CCC indicators are included in the field monitoring checklists and are reported on regular basis. Undertake field monitoring visits as and when required. Provide support to the field offices in monitoring related capacity building including training of third party field monitors on need basis.
- Prepares and systematically updates database of CCC indicators and information material; ensure that timely information on progress and results is available by compiling, organizing, analyzing and preparing data for reports, programme/project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes as needed. Prepare tables, graphs and other statistical data accordingly.
- Support information and knowledge management related to humanitarian action by maintaining data archives of all reporting related documents etc. in the office files/systems.
- Support tracking of donor report timelines/analysis cube for scheduling reminders to sections, monthly CMT/KPI inputs and due reports status; update sector wise snapshot.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- A university degree in social sciences, information systems, business administration, disaster and emergency management, or related area.
- Further education and training in a related discipline will be an asset.
- 01-02 years of relevant professional work experience in result based programme management, monitoring and reporting, in a related field.
- Training / experience in humanitarian principals / CCC / and knowledge of Pakistan humanitarian context and conflict sensitive approach is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of additional local languages would be an asset.
- Competencies and level of proficiency required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles).
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498356