NRC currently has more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria. As a leading humanitarian organization, we support displaced persons by implementing programs across the Shelter, Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs. In the Middle East, NRC has over 3000 staff dedicated to assisting people affected by the conflict in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, and Palestine. Its humanitarian interventions are based upon its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water and Sanitation Hygiene, Food Security, along with Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) to forcibly displaced people. The Syrian Crisis is well into its eight-year, but the level and intensity of conflict in the country remain high. Humanitarian and protection needs continue to grow inside of Syria as a result of the ongoing conflict and consequent complex emergency situation in which displacement is both massive and widespread.
Duties and responsibilities
Role and responsibilities: The purpose of this position is to work in collaboration with the Livelihood & Food Security Information Management officer to ensure that the program information is recorded and analyzed with the objective of improving programming, recording interventions, donor reporting and incorporating lessons learned into future programs. Projects in this area are delivered through remotely managed NRC staff.
- Ensure good practice in NRC Mobile Data Capture form design, and remote support, training on the design and the surveys conducted according to the activity.
- Build mobile data capture support as a service for field teams.
- Maintain the library of Mobile Data Capture forms for common project cycle data captures activities references at any time.
- Support analysis, reporting, and visualization of data capture efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines by protecting the safety and dignity of beneficiaries’ details.
- Perform Routine data processing and entry exercises and assist in data analysis and preparation of periodic updates.
- Lead on the Complaint and Feedback Mechanism cases received and ensure proper follow up.
- Assist with the implementation of the IM support function according to the plan of action.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Livelihood & Food Security Information Management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Capture information, prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Experience from working as an Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in information systems management, business administration, computer science, or similar.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Technical data management expertise including qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft tools and specifically in Excel.
- Experience with information management techniques and development.
- Knowledge of the context in Syria is desired.
- Ability to work independently in a result-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment.
- High integrity and confidentiality. Stress management