Org. Setting and Reporting
This post is part of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) Programme in the Division on Technology and Logistics of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). The position is located in Gibraltar.
Under the supervision of the ASYCUDA Regional Coordinator, the ASYCUDA Information System Officer will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to the Customs administrations of Albania, Kosovo, Moldova, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan during the maintenance and modernization of ASYCUDAWorld.
The incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Providing technical advice on the most suitable ICT (Information and Communication Technology) architecture and configuration for ASYCUDAWorld implementation in national specific conditions;
- Assisting the Customs Administrations in the preparation of the technical specifications and evaluation criteria for procurement of ICT hardware, software and associated services required for the implementation of ASYCUDAWORLD;
- Providing technical assistance and support in the prototyping, testing, piloting, roll-out, administration and maintenance of all ASYCUDAWorld e-Documents, including remedial actions, as required;
- Organizing and delivering technical training courses on the implementation, operation and maintenance of ASYCUDAWorld;
- Assisting NPTs (National project Teams) in the preparation of the national ASYCUDAWorld technical documentation.
Further development/enhancement of the ASYCUDAWorld system by:
- Providing technical advice to the Customs Administrations on the technical aspects of ASYCUDAWorld national extensions/e-Documents, with the view to ensure their integration into the overall operational architecture.
- Assisting the Customs Administrations to coordinate the technical development of the national extensions/e-Documents and their integration into the operational ASYCUDAWorld environment.
Coordination of the ASYCUDAWorld technical implementation with other governmental agencies'/organisations' ICT and infrastructure activities having impact on the ICT systems by:
- Advising the Customs Administrations on the technical implications for the ASYCUDAWorld system of other governmental agencies'/ organizations' ICT and infrastructure related;
- Coordinating the technical implementation of ASYCUDAWorld e-Documents with other governmental agencies'/ organizations' ICT and infrastructure relevant activities;
- Assistance in Project reporting and monitoring system by:
- Assisting the NPM (National Project Manager) in the preparation of Project Progress Reports for national counterpart authorities;
- Preparing regular technical Project Progress Reports for the ASYCUDA Regional Coordinator, inclusive of the elements relating to the logical framework and monitoring plan.
- Advanced University degree in computer science, information system, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area, including relevant experience in the field of customs automation system deployment, development and support is required.
- Experience in upgrading mission critical applications in a production environment is required.
- Experience in prototyping and implementing complex customs information technology systems is required.
- Experience in organising and delivering training courses within governmental organisations would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an international environment would be desirable.
- Experience in technical ICT programming with Java is required.
- Experience in technical ICT programming with Linux and Oracle is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Russian is desirable.