Information Systems, Technology and Data Analytics Director
PSI , . Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
PSI is currently recruiting an Information Systems, Technology and Data Analytics (ISTDA) Director for the upcoming USAID-funded Procurement Services Agent (PSA) contracts for Malaria and Reproductive Health under USAID's Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain suite of programs. The combined total value of these two PSA contracts is anticipated to be between $4.0 and $4.5 billion.
The position is contingent upon approval and funding.
Sound like you? Read on.
Reporting to the Project Director, the ISTDA Director will serve as the senior leader to set technology strategy and vision for incorporating analytics across multiple domains such as planning, sourcing, procurement, and logistics. The ISTDA Director will be responsible for establishing the technology roadmap to prioritize deployment of analytics to monitor and improve supply chain performance. The ISTDA Director will have a blend of strong people skills and strong technical skills to lead cross-functional teams composed of business, technical and external stakeholders to continuously improve supply chain strategy and operations through analytics.
- Partner with business stakeholders to gain a deep understanding on requirements for insights and analytics - data, tools and dashboards and how to effectively apply analytics to solve complex problems
- Lead the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of new reports, dashboards, frameworks and tools
- Develop strategy and lead implementation of advanced analytics – optimization, simulation, predictive forecasting, demand planning, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Maintain strategic roadmap of technology and analytics priorities and communicate this roadmap broadly across the organization
- Lead teams to implement technology and data analytics projects against this roadmap over time
- Identify data challenges and implement adjustments to system configuration to ensure all data needed for risk management and process improvement are captured
- Lead all aspects of project monitoring and evaluation as required by USAID
- Prepare executive communications on all aspects of technology and analytics for the project
- Perform routine data quality audits and implement system logics to mitigate data inconsistencies. Manage and govern data mapping and definitions to ensure one version of the truth for data and reduce data errors
- Manage and prioritize daily operations of a data analytics team
- Provide leadership and coaching to team members as well as internal and external resources, by outlining the vision and direction for the organization and the team.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of the project-wide information systems strategy
- Responsible for ensuring IT system meets performance, security, compliance, business, and technical requirements
- Ensure systematic documentation, including regular updates
- Oversee risk identification and mitigation activities for information systems, as part of Project risk management strategy
- Own the data governance strategy, core governance operations, data risk controls and regulatory compliance, and fixing data quality at the source systems
- Collaborate with USAID to ensure data is captured and managed accurately in the USAID Control Tower and other platforms required by USAID
- Liaise with relevant teams to meet USAID, government and PSI reporting, security, interoperability and visibility requirements
- Develop staff and collaborate effectively with internal and external clients.
- Promote data learning / learning across the business, empowering employees to gain access to data / tools to quickly achieve information to better perform their roles.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Bachelor's Degree required. A master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Information System, Supply Chain Management or any related field preferred
- 12 to 15 years of experience in advanced analytics or similar field
- A minimum of five years leading technical teams in a Senior Leadership role
- Experience working with large-scale information systems for procurement and logistics is required; experience in the public health/pharmaceutical sector a plus
- Strong knowledge of current best practices and experience using and/or leading teams that have built advanced analytics to improve supply chains (e.g., artificial intelligence, machine learning, optimization, simulation, predictive models)
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing culturally and geographically dispersed teams and ensuring high-quality outputs
- Big data and advanced analytics experience; knowledge and expertise in multiple data platforms and tool environments, preferably in a global company
- Demonstrated experience architecting technical solutions to business problems is required
- Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence/Reporting, ETL and Data Modeling
- Comfortable discussing and designing IT system process analysis, data architecture and experience establishing a new technical or operational capability
- Ability to explain complex new technology and concepts to non-technology audiences
- Strong business acumen and attention to detail with a consistent record of delivering results
- Exceptional problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and in challenging situations
- Innovative and visionary thinker
- PMP or equivalent certification strongly preferred, or demonstrated understanding and use of project management tools and methodologies
- Preferred experience working with USAID projects and/or other international organizations working on public health or supply chain management programs in resource-limited countries
- Highly skilled in research, data analytics and transforming data affecting business processes in order to support data governance and integrity
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Fluency and ability to communicate in English required; fluency in a second language (French or Spanish) desirable
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.