The World Food Program (WFP) is the United Nations agency that fights against hunger and malnutrition throughout the planet. WFP's vision is focused on a world in which every man, woman, girl and boy has access at all times to the necessary nutrition to lead an active and healthy life in this way, achieving the Sustainable Zero Hunger Development Objective (ODS2 ), as well as promoting a global alliance to guarantee the sustainability of the population's well-being (SDG 17).
The WFP in Peru through its new Strategic Plan in the Country 2018-2022 will strengthen its capacity to support policies through new promotion, communication and research capabilities of higher quality, to help influence resource decisions. This strategy will contribute to strengthening the capacities of national and subnational institutions to administer policies and programs on food security, disaster risk management and social protection.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Assistant, it will provide operational support to all WFP units to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment and software.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collect, order and keep up-to-date the files of the area, information contained in the inventories, databases and websites;
- Respond to basic queries and provide operational support to staff on technology and operátivos systems;
- Support in the organization of the PMA file server;
- Provide and collect information on web content, computer programs and operating systems for WFP staff;
- Support in the maintenance of the basic tasks of the systems and equipment to guarantee an efficient operation and be able to use them easily;
- Provide support and help Desk in Microsoft Office 365;
- Provide support in administration, network infrastructure (servers and switches) and hardware;
- Keep a registry of attention to users;
- Support in the elaboration of reports using the standardized models;
- Other related tasks / activities assigned by the Representative.
- STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Desirable technical or university studies of careers in Systems Engineering, Technology, Telecommunications or Electronics.
- Advanced English proficiency (spoken and written).
- Management of computer programs.
- SAP intermediate knowledge
- Knowledge of networks
- Effective communication, spoken and written.
- Identify priority tasks / activities;
- Flexibility and adaptation to changes;
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Minimum of two years of experience as an Assistant in the areas of computer science or information technology.
- Desirable to have experience in the United Nations System, international organizations and / or associations or embassies.