Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Work across the GIF responsibilities described above, and in particular support GIF senior and lead specialists in ensuring that best practices and latest approaches on PPP design are applied to each GIF project, and that lessons learned from GIF approaches at the platform and project levels are captured, returned to the GIF and made widely available.
• Conduct mapping and analysis of infrastructure sectors in eligible GIF countries, with special focus on Asia, to identify opportunities and support business development activities.
• Mapping will require analysis of macro, political economy, fiscal, regulatory, financial environment, and other aspects.
• Prepare due-diligence questionnaires for projects and support teams in conducting appraisals.
• Conduct financial analysis and build financial models for projects.
• Contribute to efforts related to the expansion of the GIF’s pipelines, including initial project screening, application preparation and relationship management with key stakeholders.
• Undertake knowledge and analytical work related to the development of infrastructure as an asset class.
• Support the administration of the GIF in financial reporting, donor and partner relations, and meeting preparation.
• Support the coordination of activities with GIF Technical Partners (including WB, IFC, ADB, EIB, EBRD and others), public and private sector partners to identify GIF project opportunities, structure GIF support, and contribute to project preparation and structuring.
• Contribute to the Monitoring and Evaluation of the GIF program.
• Help plan, structure and execute the regular convocations of the GIF’s private sector Advisory Partners around core themes related to the financing of infrastructure
• Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, management, policy or a related field;
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience in the field of economic development, finance, regulation or PPPs with demonstrated ability to engage on a range of issues in developing countries including advice on both program and project development;
• Track record of achievements in collaboration with MDBs and other development partners in the field of infrastructure project development or finance, infrastructure regulation and/or PPPs;
• Recognized by peers and/or managers for providing high quality analysis and potential to grow into client facing role of providing pragmatic advice on infrastructure PPPs and/or making significant contributions to analytical work and knowledge products in those fields;
• Track record of contributing to well-recognized knowledge products on PPPs;
• Currently located in Singapore;
• Client focus and commitment to results; and
• High level written and oral presentation skills in English and strong Chinese (Mandarin).