VisionFund International (VFI) is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the developing world, as we provide small loans and other financial services to families struggling in poverty.
As the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, the world’s largest Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, we work in 30+ countries through our network of affiliated microfinance institutions (MFIs) located across the globe in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. We have an outstanding loan portfolio of nearly US$ 535 million, serve over 1.2 million active borrowers and impact the lives of over 4 million children each year.
Sharing the same vision as World Vision, VFI aims to provide ‘life in all its fullness’ to children as their parents receive small loans, improve their businesses and increase in ability to care for their children as family incomes multiply..
Purpose of the Position:
The Infrastructure and Information Security manager (IIS) is responsible for ensuring the development and operations of secure and highly available global computing platforms across the VFI network. He/she oversees the design and optimisation of the enterprise’s systems operating environment. They are also responsible for the ongoing security, reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure.
Design/Develop Standards specifically for VFI and its MFIs:
- Ensures systems are aligned to the business strategy and direction.
- Provides technical consulting on the integration of application systems.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
Infrastructure & Network Monitoring:
- Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance.
- Develops and maintains metrics around the system and institutes a process for continuous improvement.
- Creates a plan to evolve the system to reduce cost and improve system dynamics.
- Assesses threats and vulnerabilities regarding information assets and recommends the appropriate security controls and measures.
- Develops and implements strategies to align information security with business objectives and goals, protecting the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data.
- Provides reports to leaders regarding the effectiveness of information security and makes recommendations for the adoption of new policies and procedures.
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity:
- Coordinates the administration and logistical procedures for disaster recovery testing, and integration of all enterprise “critical” systems.
- Ensures recovery drills are performed and analyzed; develops impact analysis.
- Assists business partners with the determination of critical business processes and systems.
- Identifies and coordinates resolution of recovery issues.
- Acts as liaison between internal audit and IT to ensure commitments are met and controls are properly implemented.
- Participates in security investigations and compliance reviews as requested by external auditors.
- Advises MFIs on security violations.
Critical Knowledge, Technical Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of IT management experience working in financial services.
- Understanding of microfinance/retail banking operations, from a credit, financial, risk and systems perspective.
- Financial acumen
- Educated to degree level, ideally in information technology or related discipline.
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues.
- Strong customer service orientation to ensure that all requests and problems are resolved in a professional manner.
- Familiarity with Temenos, Sun Systems
- Spanish (preferred) and French (preferred)
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% -40% of the time.