Infrastructure IT Manager
World Vision International (WVI), Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
Business and IT Strategy:
- Contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan.
- Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Embraces and executes change through frequent, communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Consistently advocates for the change.
- Coaches staff through the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Provides input into demand management process and executes on plan.
- Participate and lead the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
- Provides input to technology planning within a functional area.
- Implements solutions consistent within current context of overall architecture.
- Define and implements process improvements.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development:
- Develops and implements technologies to improve the performance of a business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures SLAs committed to customers are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 5 to 10 years of relevant IT and business work experience.
- Requires experience in supervising and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Requires demonstrated ability to understand the business and technical requirements of customers.
- Design, build and implement relevant infrastructure IT solutions to meet those requirements and deliver the solutions on time and within budget.
- Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server and SharePoint Server.
- HP Blade Servers, SAN Switches, NAS & Tape Libraries.
- SAN technologies from Nimble, NetApp and HP.
- Virtualization technologies from VMware.
- Microsoft System Center 2012.
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor & Network Configuration Manager.
- Red Gate SQL Monitor & Backup Pro.
- Backup technologies from Simpana CommVault and Veeam.
- Brocade Ethernet Fabric, Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Dell & Raritan KVM Switches.
- Juniper SSL VPN MAG Pulse Gateway.
- F5 Local Traffic Manager, Access Policy Manager and Application Security Manager.
- Riverbed Steelhead Wan Optimization & Blue Coat PacketShaper.
- DNS registration and SSL certificates renewal.
- Structured Fiber & UTP Cabling System.