Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Work across the GIF responsibilities described above, and in particular assuring that best practices and latest approaches on PPP design are applied to each GIF project, and that lessons learned from GIF approaches at the platform and project levels are captured, returned to the GIF and made widely available.
• Serve as an interlocutor with counterparts from IFC, the World Bank Global Practices, other GIF Technical Partners, and public and private sector partners as projects are assessed for their needs and activities of support are defined.
• Contribute to the Monitoring and Evaluation of the GIF program.
• Help plan, structure and execute the regular convocations of the GIF’s private sector Advisory Partners around core themes related to the financing of infrastructure
• Lead or contribute to efforts related to the expansion of the GIF’s pipelines, including initial project screening, application preparation and relationship management with key stakeholders.
• Undertake knowledge and analytical work related to the development of infrastructure as an asset class.
• Support the administration of the GIF in financial reporting, donor and partner relations, and meeting preparation.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, management, policy or a related field;
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience in the field of infrastructure development, finance, regulation or PPPs with demonstrated ability to engage on a range of issues in developing countries including advice on both program and project development;
• Track record of achievements in collaboration with MDBs and other development partners in the field of infrastructure project development or finance, infrastructure regulation and/or PPPs;
• Recognized by peers and/or managers for providing high quality, pragmatic advice to clients on infrastructure PPPs and/or making significant contributions to analytical work and knowledge products in those fields;
• Track record of contributing to well-recognized knowledge products on PPPs;
• Client focus and commitment to results; and
• High level written and oral presentation skills in English.