UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, innovate...
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives.
Leveraging innovative finance in support of the 2018-2021 Strategic Plan is a new and emerging corporate priority. To be successful in this endeavour, it will be important for UNICEF to have the necessary organizational and project management capacity to undertake the initiatives. The Innovative Finance Officer will support the Innovative Finance team in developing and implementing UNICEF’s innovative finance strategy.
How can you make a difference?
The Innovative Finance Officer will support the Innovative Finance team in developing and implementing UNICEF’s innovative finance strategy. This will include strategic analysis, project management, and planning and coordination support.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Conduct research to inform the development of innovative finance projects;
- Develop concept notes, white papers, presentations, budgets, and financial models for select innovative finance projects;
- Conduct due diligence on potential initiatives as required; and
- Undertake analyses as needed to inform UNICEF’s strategic approach to innovative finance.
- Develop and update work plans for select innovative finance projects;
- Develop briefing notes, talking points, and other relevant materials in preparation for project-related meetings;
- Coordinate project-related inputs from key stakeholders across UNICEF (e.g. Country Offices, Regional Offices, HQ Offices);
- Organize project-related meetings and workshops as needed; and
- Support Country Offices in the development and implementation of select projects.
Planning & Coordination
- Support preparations for, participate in, and provide inputs to innovative finance-related meetings and other relevant management and coordination mechanisms;
- Provide inputs to the innovative finance team’s work plan and key deliverables; and
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and partners working on innovative finance as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Business Administration, Public Policy, Development or other relevant field.
- *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 4 years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in at national and/or international levels in project management, management consulting, or other related fields
- Strategic global thinking and analytical ability.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas.
- Strong capacity to work effectively in inter-divisional teams.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.