Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Governments of Australia and Indonesia are partnering through INOVASI, an education program which aims to find out how to improve literacy and numeracy for Indonesias students. Funded by the Australian Government in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), INOVASI is a sub-national education program with a budget of AUD 49 million, which started in January 2016 and will run until 2019. It focuses on understanding and tackling learning challenges, particularly those related to literacy and numeracy skills, at the heart of the education system - in the classroom and the school (including madrasah). Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) is INOVASIs first partner province that began implementation in early 2017. Three more partner provinces have been selected (NTT - Sumba Island, East Java and North Kalimantan) and will begin implementation in mid-2017.
INOVASI will use a new approach to focus on what works in classrooms and schools. It will work with teachers, principals and local officials to identify what problems need to be solved to help students learn better and find out the best way to solve these problems by jointly piloting either (i) local solutions or (ii) practices successfully trialled elsewhere which are adapted to the local context. INOVASI will evaluate these pilots to see which are successful in improving student literacy and numeracy. The pilot activities will focus on student learning and classroom teaching. The three areas of focus are: 1) Strengthening the quality of teaching and learning in the classroom; 2) Improving the support provided to teachers so they can teach better; and 3) Enabling all children in the classroom, particularly girls and children with disabilities, to reach their potential in learning
INOVASI is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Purpose of the Position: The Operations & Administration Assistant will provide support to all aspects of administrative, operational, procurement and logistical duties of the INOVASI program in Nusa Tenggara Barat, including, but not limited to the areas of office & travel management, event arrangements, procurement & logistics, and petty cash handling
- Duties: Under the direction of Provincial Manager and technical guidance of Admin Coordinator and Procurement Coordinator, the Operations & Administration Assistant will:
- Support all operational, procurement and administration functions, processes and system implementation in INOVASI office and ensure these are in-line with DFAT and Palladium manual, guidelines, and policies;
- Responsible for the day to day low value procurement process, prepare related documents required from Purchase Requisition to the Selection of Supplier, and ensure that all documents are completed accordingly. Ensure that goods and services are procured with Value for Money (VfM) principles, and each step of procurement process and any technical specifications are understood and complied, on-time and in-line with DFAT and Palladium Procurement rules, guideline and policies;
- In coordination with Procurement Jakarta Team, assist in the identification and selection of preferred suppliers, conducting simple market research, negotiation with suppliers, management and updating the database of preferred suppliers;
- In coordination with Procurement Jakarta Team, assist in management of blanket purchase agreement and the issuance of task order as requested; support the completion of documents and approvals as required;
- Prepare and complete supporting documents for invoices from suppliers and/or subcontractor, and provide procurement documents based on the completion of procurement activities both in hard copies and soft copies and ensure that all approvals are available and records are safely secured;
- Ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services as ordered;
- Maintain office asset register and ensure all receipt document needed is available in assigning assets to employees. Ensure office asset register is always accurate, up to date, and in coherence with national asset register managed by Admin Coordinator in INOVASI national office;
- In coordination with Program Assistant / Program Team and/or Procurement Team, coordinate with sub-contractors and event organizer, and support all procurement aspects of events, meetings, trainings, or workshops are well conducted and in-line with DFAT and Palladium guidelines, policies and manual. Support administrative aspects of these activities if required.
- In coordination with Program Assistant/Officer, provide logistical and operational assistance for Program Team in arranging meetings, events, workshops, including venue, accommodation, transportation, catering, and other tasks required;
- Supervise driver, include managing driver's performance management, timekeeping, and scheduling, and oversee the use of office vehicle and its maintenance;
- In coordination with Administration Assistant, provide operational support in managing the office and administration duties as required;
- In coordination with Administration Assistant, provide support to the maintenance and repair of the premises as required;
- In the absence of the Administration Assistant, act as Administration Assistant as required;
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the Provincial Manager and/or Procurement Coordinator consistent with the incumbent's qualifications and experience.
Qualifications and Experience: The Operations and Admin Assistant will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement, administration and contract especially in support function of large scale of organization;
- Able to use technology effectively to support the operations of a large program or organisation;
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web browsers;
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia, some proficiency in English preferred;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.