Institutional Business Development, Junior Manager(s)
European Investment Bank(eib), Headquarters in Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Institutional Business Development Junior Manager will advise on the design and the execution of new financial products and programmes for the European Commission and the European Investment Bank.
- S/he reports to the Head of Institutional Business Development Division, who in turn reports to the Head of Mandate Management Department and also works in close cooperation with other relevant EIF services.
- Contribute to the design and execution of new products / new programmes assignments;
- Gather qualitative and quantitative information on developments of debt and/or structured finance and/or private equity market sectors relevant to client/stakeholder activity, as well as of regulatory trends and any other aspects that may affect EIF activities in the said fields;
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports and business proposals;
- Coordinate due diligence on new products/programmes, cooperating with other EIF services as appropriate (transaction, risk, legal, accounting, finance, management information systems, etc.);
- Contribute to the development of a network of high level/quality external contacts (national and regional development agencies, European Commission, financial community, EIB, governmental agencies and other relevant actors in the SME finance / risk capital markets);
- Participate and represent EIF where required at external meetings, conferences, workshops, committees, etc.;
- Proactively contribute to the implementation of the business plan, participating as necessary in the research, identification of business opportunities, preparation of proposals, client presentations, market testing of new products and follow-up of client relationships.
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Law (preferably at postgraduate level) with a combination of the above being an additional asset;
- Minimum 3 years' relevant professional experience in the financial sector in a position with similar responsibilities;
- First-hand knowledge of guarantee, debt, structured finance and/or securitization techniques and/or private equity is required;
- Prior experience in financial analysis, the interpretation of financial and legal documentation and quantitative financial skills would be an advantage;
- Prior experience in a national public bank/guarantee institution, as well as knowledge of EU financial instruments and regulations would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be considered an advantage.
- Disciplined approach whilst maintaining creativity and lateral thinking for effective problem solving;
- Sense of initiative and innovation in proposing public/private solutions to client needs;
- Teamwork oriented with excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external contacts;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues;
- Willingness and proven ability to acquire new skills (particularly in legal, investment, risk capital, technology and innovative sectors)
- Capacity to develop the role and to adapt to the rapidly evolving needs of the EIF.