PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide leadership in program development, implementation and management in all programs including grants, sponsorship and Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA). To Ensure program quality ,integration, coordination and alignment to WV Mauritania strategy ,policies and Partnership & donors standards for the achievement of child well-being aspirations.
Effective Project Management:
Provide leadership & supervision in:
- Quality and timely preparation and submission of operational plan, multi-year planning & budgeting, annual operations plan and budgets
- Assure that grants are implemented according to standards and plans
- Assure that budgets are managed accurately and within spending limits.
- Ensure the timely development of all planning documents (DIPs, Annual & multi-year budgets) & transition to LEAP 3 in line with the NO strategy/Technical Approach/Technical program through the contextualized Development Program Approach.
- The integration of HEA, advocacy, faith & development, child protection/participation, sponsorship into programming in WV Mauritania.
- Ensuring the implementation of plan in compliance with approved standards, policies, systems, budgets, procedures and internal controls in the zone(s).
- Ensuring the compliance of programs with sponsorship, child protection and participation standards, as well integration of advocacy.
- Ensuring that programs teams conduct assessments, annual review and planning meetings, evaluation and baselines measurement and produce quality reports in a timely manner.
- Enhancing staff capacity & skills, on job coaching and provide leadership in performance management to ensure smooth staff relations, team spirit and accountability in the zone(s).
Development of Technical Programmes:
Assure the development of technical programmes aligned to strategy.
Promote the integration between technical programmes and cluster level management.
Assure that TP managers are engaging externally in key areas.
Assure that field staff have the right technical manuals and guides to implement core programme models.
Assure that stories, data and evidence from technical programme implementation is shared with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assuring that the different field locations have a good understanding of DM principles and standards.
- Assure that different field location have disaster preparedness plans in place.
- Assure that WV responses with quality and timeliness to emergencies including COVID, Floods, Drought.
- Assure that staff capacity, processes and attitudes are built for effective DM.
- Networking and Coordination – Build and sustain strong relationships with WV Support Offices, government, community, FBO leaders, the United Nations agencies, NGOs as well as other development partners.
- Assure that Sos and SST are active participants in the development process.
- Assure that cluster managers have the skills necessary to engage partners on development issues.
- Assure that technical programme managers are engaging at national and regional level in key fora and over events.
- Assure that programme teams work effectively with acquisition for proposal development and submission.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Minimum Qualification required: Master’s Degree in Economic Development, Community Development, Sociology, Agriculture or related field
Experience: 8 years in programming management in WV
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office, knowledge of Lotus Notes is preferred.
- Good verbal and written skills in French is essential, English is required.
- Working knowledge of program/project cycle management.
- Demonstrated strong ability in management and supervision.
- Experience in working with donor funds, sponsorship operations and grants funding.
- Demonstrated ability in child wellbeing development and Child protection.
- Good knowledge of disaster management, emergency preparedness, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural and diversity context.
- Strong ability in planning and organization.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors.
- Ability to participate actively in the Country Strategy development and all other strategic, organizational and operational documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Report writing capacity.
- Ability to train others.