The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (“the Federation”) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (“the IFRC”) works to a Business Model and has a Business Delivery Plan with key commitments that sharpen its focus, clarity, and efficiency and accountability results.
The Interactive Multimedia Communications Officer will be responsible for strengthening the visibility and alliances of the CREPD as well as the regional portfolios managed by the PSK Department whilst ensuring the wide and appropriate dissemination of clear and user-friendly information and products to communities, volunteers, staff, partner organisation, media, governments/authorities and other key decision makers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the coordination of the Regional Communications manager, develop and implement the PSK communication strategy, which supports the department's programmatic priorities and is aligned with regional and global communication priorities and other initiatives, making effective use of a wide range of communication mechanisms and tools (corporate communication, social networking and promotion).
- Under the coordination of the Regional Communications manager, manage and support communication needs related to PSK and CREPD.
- Ensure the planned and coordinated supply of quality material (produced through CREPD) such as case studies, short films for social networks and general website updates is done on a regular basis and in close coordination with the Regional Communications team.
- Provide input and redesignplatforms managed by CREPD and PSK, to enhance how information, materials, lessons learnt, best practices are accessed.
- Manage, develop content on CREPD's website by opening a space for coordination of PSK and regional activities, ensuring that information is continuously updated and generates interactions.
- Provide consistent updates to the requisite digital platforms and support updates to all regional social media spaces
- Generate E-Learning spaces or platforms to further explore key concepts within project and programmatic responses and implementation within the region.
- Support project management/ team leadership with timely information sharing and innovative concepts for user engagement.
- Under coordination of the Regional Communications Unit, support the coordination of virtual learning events and or face-to-face trainings e.g. webinars related to graphic design, digital communication, content creation, communication practices, innovative learning and user experience and interfacing. To help develop the capacities of the National Societies in the Americas region.
- Serve as the focal point for CREPD and regional PSK webinar management
- Foster a culture of digital innovation by identifying and modeling production, distribution and campaigning innovations and best practices for IFRC PSK Unit.
- Position the CREPD as a leader in the area of digital media and graphic design
- Contribute to gamification techniques being championed by the IFRC and NS innovation team and network with a focus on increasing feasible learning opportunities and innovating programmatic approaches.
- To facilitate efficient and effective processes of internal communication, information and knowledge exchange.
- Report regularly on communication and promotional activities, such as monthly highlights, reports and messages.
- Support monthly and quarterly reports together with PSK colleagues.
- Carry out any other professional tasks related to International Federation communications as directed by the CREPD or PSK team leader.
- Comply with the quality management process and support the implementation process of the CREPD's ISO 9001 2015.
- University degree in Communications, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Journalism or related field
- 4 Experience of working with narrative, interactive, communicative, adaptive and productive media, public relations and communications (including multimedia and social media tools and applications)
- Knowledge, skills and languages
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of web platforms including WordPress, Twitter, Instagram
- Self-supporting in computers (including Office Suite, Adobe InDesign – basic level, Outlook)
- Fluently spoken and written English and Spanish