Interim Deputy Finance Director (FIN0532)
Oxfam GB, Oxford, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Are you a fully qualified accountant or have relevant experience?
Do you have strong management skills with an ability to influence others?
Are you available immediately?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you.
- Oxfam Great Britain is looking for an Interim Deputy Finance Director for 6 months to lead and co-ordinate the UK and Corporate Finance Function.
- What we are looking for
- We are looking for a fully qualified accountant with substantial experience in senior roles within the finance sector.
- We offer
- This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference to the UK Finance Operations performance for Oxfam Great Britain.
- You will work alongside a team who are not only passionate about finance, but also about making a difference to the lives of others across the world facing poverty.
- Oxfam GB offers training and development, fair pay and a competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Fixed Term – 6 months
- Closing Date: 26 January 2020
- How to apply
- To apply for this rewarding and multi-faceted role please visit the following link:
- Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
- Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.