Serve as an intern in the FHI 360’s Social Marketing and Communication (SMC) department, a group of more than 50 staff dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through innovative social marketing and behavior change strategies to help clients implement programs and campaigns that work. SMC offers expertise in social marketing, health communication, social media, strategic partnerships, technical assistance, creative development, communication research and evaluation. FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. We seek qualified candidates for Intern, Communication Research & Evaluation in Washington, DC.
- Conduct literature and resource searches and contribute to literature reviews related to diabetes prevention and management among populations at particular risk.
- Conduct literature and resource searches and contribute to literature reviews related to health equity issues
- Maintain specific activity files and other resource materials in an organized, accessible and up-to-date manner
- Assist in data collection and computer data input as needed
- Assist with data classification for research projects
- Assist in project research, report, and presentation preparation and production (this will include data tables)
- Assist with conference and workshop preparation
- Assist with writing communication materials, including drafting web content
- Opportunities to develop media outreach and social media skills
- Assist technical staff with administrative tasks as assigned, including word processing, drafting routine correspondence, mail and express-mail and photocopying
- Education: At minimum, completed a Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Currently undertaking Master’s level education desirable.
- Availability: At least 16 hours per week; up to 32 hours per week work available. Internship can start immediately.
- Language: Spanish not required, but desirable
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage details
- Strong verbal and written communication capability
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.