In September 2015, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by UN Member States. Central to the Agenda is the set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which define a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity to be undertaken by all countries until the year 2030.
The UN SDG Action Campaign, is a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General that aims to inspire, connect and mobilize everyone to join the global movement to take action for the SDGs.
The Campaign brings together the UN, national and local governments, youth groups, civil-society organizations, the media, and the private sector through calls to action and creative platforms to scale-up, broaden and sustain the global movement of SDG changemakers. Based in Bonn, Germany, the UN SDG Action Campaign leads global engagement opportunities and initiatives including: the SDG Global Festival for Action, the UN SDG Action Awards, the MY World survey to capture citizen views on the SDGs, and the Global Week to Act4SDGs.
The UN SDG Action campaign is seeking to engage 2-3 interns to assist with core activities of in communications, creative media, events, digital strategy and knowledge management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, design and produce multimedia content - videos, photos, visuals, and media packages - to support the Campaign on/going initiatives and amplify the work of the SDG Action community.
- Support the UN SDG Action Campaign team in the development and roll out of creative communications programs, campaigns, and events.
- Support the development and implementation of the social media strategy - selecting and adapting content, creating copy and visuals, monitoring and analysis.
- Support the UN SDG Action comms team in monitoring and analysis of campaigns results.
- Work with the team to update content and maintain various Campaign websites and digital platforms.
- Work with the UN SDG Action comms team in the development of coordinated media outreach efforts to increase the awareness of the UN SDG Action Campaign activities.
- Excellent copywriter in English. Proficiency in additional languages is an asset
- A storyteller - has the ability to craft inspiring stories through visual/new media
- Great with video editing, graphic design, and new media creation
- Experienced in digital communications and social media management
- Knowledge and experience in filmmaking and virtual reality production is an asset
- Creative event production experience, exhibitions management is an asset
- Passionate about the SDGs, campaigning and engagement
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled in Master’s degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international relations, new media, communications or related disciplines or within one year of graduation.
- Must be a European Union/EEA citizen or legal resident in Germany