UNDP’s Istanbul Regional Hub is UNDP’s advisory hub for the region tasked with the responsibility to provide policy and programmatic support to UNDP’s development activities in the Europe and CIS region.
The Hub’s Communications team has the mandate of exploring, among other things, the use of communications and social media as a way to increase the effectiveness of programming, opening up the organization to external views and input and engaging experts in the regional and global dialogue on key development challenges.
We are looking for a communications intern who will provide technical expertise to boost the visibility on search engines of UNDP Eurasia and associated platforms and provide analytics reports to assess our online and digital performance. In addition, the intern will be tasked with supporting our website, social media presence and additional media and graphic design tasks, where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The intern will report to Communications Analyst, and will be expected to:
- Support the creation and uploading of content for the UNDP Regional website;
- Support the maintenance, back-up and transfer of blog to a new server;
- Assist the communications team in the organisation of key events and communication opportunities, such as major regional conferences, discussions and report launches;
- Research and monitor relevant websites and social media channels as needed to feed content into the work of the communications team;
- Research and application of SEO and marketing tactics;
- Social media, especially Instagram and Twitter, and social networking
- Analytics compiling and reporting;
- Other tasks related to graphic design, web design, web content
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Basic understanding of usability, optimizing content for the web and search;
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) in a degree programme in a relevant discipline (digital marketing, web management, graphic design, social media, communication) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation
- Experience in website management, content creation, digital communications is preferred.
- Experience with web-based applications, basics of HTML, as well as video and photo editing and design software is preferred.
- Experience working with social media – especially Instagram and Twitter - and good understanding of web metrics and experience producing analytics reports is preferred
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Russian and/or Turkish is an asset.