The UN General Assembly, and all its 193-member countries, in September 2015 adopted a global development vision entitled Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This 2030 Agenda was designed as a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity. It lays out 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets, to stimulate global action over the next 15 years on issues critical to humanity and the planet.
The UNDP has engaged with the State Government of Uttarakhand to provide technical support in several sectors for implementation of flagship Government programmes, externally aided projects and State schemes and programmes. The State office is also supporting the State Govt in implementation and fast- tracking of the SDGs in the State.
In context of the above , UNDP State office Uttarakhand seeks to enlist interns to assist the State Head Uttarakhand in research, data collection & analysis, budget analysis, preparation of concept papers as well as support in State Office activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting research on COVID impact assessment key sectors in Uttarakhand
- Drafting and consolidating documents (articles, factsheets, reports, concept notes, presentations and Proposals)
- Assist in the organization of Conceptualization and strategy development of projects
- Undertaking desk research and data analysis as per the organization requirement
- To provide support in SDG implementation, training and capacity building
- Apart from the above, the Intern will also be required to execute other duties and assignments as entrusted by the State Head relating to tourism, Horticulture, MSME, Skill Development, Livelihoods and Environment.
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme in Development Studies, Economics, Rural Development, Public Policy or in any other relevant field.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme in Development Studies, Economics, Rural Development, Public Policy or in any other relevant field.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Experience in data collection and analysis in the field of social or economic development fields;
- An understanding of development sector and Sustainable Development Goals in the context of the Uttarakhand;
- Strong writing skills, particularly short, simple and engaging posts
- Strong commitment to promoting gender equality, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications.
- Fluency in English and working language of the duty station.