Org. Setting and Reporting
The Data Analytics Intern position is located in the OneHR Team in the Global Strategy and Policy Division (GSPD) within the Office of Human Resources (OHR), Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC). The OneHR Team is seeking a passionate young person who is an innovative doer and thinker and interested in making a difference for a better world.
The internship is for three months with an opportunity for extension to no longer than six months, depending on the needs of the department.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the office where they are assigned.
Within delegated authority, the Data Analytics Intern may be responsible for the following duties:
- Design and develop KPI and analytics dashboards.
- Assist in monitoring performance against said indicators.
- Update website content.
- Support the classification of positions process.
- Interact with clients on service performance.
- Participates in meetings of the team
- Assist with presentations and drafting of documents for clients.
- Participate in promotion of services to potential clients.
- Assists with drafting reports based on quantitative research and analysis.
- Takes on other special projects as assigned.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in human resources, statistics, analytics, computer science, visualization, or related field;
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent) in human resources, statistics, analytics, computer science, visualization, or related field or;
- If pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages, have completed at least four years of full time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree in human resources, statistics, analytics, computer science, visualization, or related field.
- Exposure to data analytics, big data technologies, trend, regression and multivariate analysis, data visualization and business intelligence is desirable. Knowledge of statistical software and data visualization software (Power BI) is desirable. Other data science skills desirable. High level of proficiency in in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel is required.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Having a background in a statistics, human resources, or analytics role is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is an advantage.