Intern (Digital Communications)
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support our digital communications work.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to develop their experience in a busy and dynamic communications department in a well-respected international research organization.
- You will help manage, write, edit and produce content for the WorldFish social media channels and will be occasionally called on to produce content for our websites and other digital assets.
- You will also help monitor and evaluate our digital communications, and assist with tasks to support the wider communications team.
- You will be organized, enthusiastic and have an established social media presence as well as a demonstrable interest in digital communications.
- You must be unfazed by new technologies and able to learn new ICT skills quickly.
- Identify current media and social media trends relevant to the work of WorldFish.
- Recommend potential stories for social media.
Other responsibilities include:
- Select external stories for sharing through WorldFish and AAS social media.
- Maintain the WorldFish Flickr account.
- Maintain our public relations management tool including media database and press release distribution functions.
- Draft written content for the WorldFish social media sites, including news articles and blogs.
- Uploading content to the WorldFish website.
- Other relevant activities assigned by the Senior Media Relations Manager.
- Degree in communication/journalism/media relations or related field (preferred) with a strong interest in digital marketing.
- Intermediate HTML skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong organizational and editing skills, with demonstrated ability to work to a deadline and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Hard working with a good work ethic.
- This position is an excellent opportunity to gain research in development experience with an international research organization.
- The internship is predominantly desk-based.
- Support will be given in data analysis, and the intern will also get the chance to interact and collaborate with staff on other projects.
- A monthly stipend, a return ticket, and medical insurance will be provided.
- This position will be based in Penang, Malaysia.
- The successful candidate should be available to commence the internship at the beginning of 2016 for a period of 12 months.
- This position is open to Malaysian nationals (NRS) and International candidates.