Intern, Digital Workplace
World Vision, Mississauga, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Digital Workplace intern will work in collaboration with various business units to support research, analysis, development and testing of new technologies to deliver business value in an agile manner.
- Use cases within Digital Workplace include mobile productivity, mobile donation payment technologies, remote and enterprise-wide collaboration, knowledge management, smart office enablement, enterprise search and more.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research emerging technologies that are being implemented within the IT industry and other charitable organizations.
- Recommend solutions on how new technologies could create opportunities or solve business challenges within WVC.
- Design, develop and build prototypes that can be tested internally and in the market.
- Provide operational support of existing cloud-based platforms.
- Connecting with external organizations that are innovating with technology that in turn will provide new concepts and ideas to analyze.
- Implementation of IT projects as assigned.
- You need to be a university/college student with strong organizational and time management skills and a good team player with analytical skills. Having a positive attitude with flexibility to handle change is an asset.
- Experience in an object-oriented language (C#, Java, etc.)
- A genuine interest in learning new technologies.
Helpful to Have:
- Experience with a modern front-end JS framework (Vue/React/Angular).
- Experience with SQL databases (MSSL, MYSQL, etc.)
- Experience with .Net Framework or .Net Core.
- Experience in Unity game engine or Augmented Reality application development.
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum/Agile environments or principles.