Intern (E-Learning), two positions
International Commission on Missing Persons, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
- Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
- The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes.
- The Wim Kok Centre for Excellence and Learning (CEL) leads the integration of best practices aligned with the International Commission on Missing Persons’ (ICMP) functions and serves as a focal point for knowledge management and dissemination.
- The interns will join the ICMP Wim Kok Center for Excellence and Learning (CEL), to support the ongoing work to provide more remote e-learning solutions to partners and beneficiaries. The CEL gathers, coordinates, stores, shares and creates new materials to enhance learning among staff and external stakeholders to support a sustainable process of accounting for missing persons. The CEL supports ICMP in maintaining the highest standards of quality in design, delivery, and assessment of L&D solutions. It engages with external experts and partners as needed and uses new technologies for course design and delivery in line with the strategic priorities of ICMP.
- Duration of the Internship is between 2-4 months (32-36h / per week). The key responsibilities
Learning Management System (LMS)
- Become familiar with ICMP’s LMS, and support the administration and delivery of online training (online courses, webinars, learning packages).
- Transfer of content from the ICMP repository into the LMS
- Test currently existing courses on the LMS, check for interface flow, design mistakes, dead links, test questions, and provide suggestions for enhancing the user learning experience
- Support Subject-Matter Experts (SME) in the creation of course content and uploading it onto the LMS course folders
- Customize content for online courses to increase engagement and interactivity
- Enroll learners, track their course completion, and issuing of online badges and training certificates