Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Intern will support the business development efforts of Palladium's US-based Economic Growth Practice. They will contribute to expanding the firm's business working in developing countries for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) by supporting the Practice's proposal efforts, from preliminary identification of an opportunity to production and final submission of the proposal. They will be expected to participate in overall strategic planning discussions, draft select proposal/pre-proposal writing assignments, support proposal recruitment, and collaborate with internal teams and partners.
- Works closely with Business Development Proposal Coordinators, Recruiters, and Proposal Capture Managers to successfully support proposal development efforts, including internal/external meeting support, efficient communications, and organization of proposal-related inputs and files
- Performs analysis of Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and works to promote and ensure compliance of proposals with RFP stipulations
- Helps ensure vital flow of communication and task management between practice areas, capture manager, departments, partners, and other parties involved in the proposal process
- Coordinates technical proposal sections as they develop, formatting all sections in Palladium templates, liaising closely with technical staff
- Helps ensure quality document preparation (including formatting, graphics, and/or editing) for submission
- Helps maintain recruitment database
- Reviews applicants for proposed positions and identifies additional candidates through internal and external networks
- Communicates directly with candidates regarding scheduling, proposal inputs
- Coordinates document collection and verification of USAID-mandated forms
- rafdts corporate capability statements, past performance references, personnel sections, position descriptions and other assignments as needed.
- Develops epth of understanding of practice area staff and projects, and helps facilitate proactive and responsive support
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience pertaining to economic development in developing countries
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Economics, Business, or related area
- Proficiency in French or Spanish
- Able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous demands
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyze and make sound recommendations to the line manager
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze budgets and financial reports
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team