The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Gender Unit of the Programme Division. The position will be based at Regional Bureau, Cairo, Egypt. The Internship will be for an initial period of four months starting ASAP.
Support the design of the gender dashboard and gather the data needed to display on the dashboard. The intern will assist the gender section in all data related tasks and in the preparation and the reporting of the 16 days of activism against gender-based violence.
- RBC Gender Dashboard
- Gender Annual Newsletter
- Report on the 16 days of activism against gender-baised violence
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in creating a gender dashboard for the regional bureau
- Assist in gathering the data for the Gender Annual Newsletter
- Coordinate with the gender consultant and prepare the activities for the 16 days of activism against gender-based violence.
- Assist in preparing the regional gender workshop
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’. preferred field of study: Political Science, Sociology, Social Sciences, Development studies, International Development or other relevant programs. Additional qualifications in Computer Science, Information Management, and Statistics is an asset.;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); Experience utilizing computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, data capture systems and other software packages and systems;
- Ability to deliver results through planning and organizing own activities effectively;
- Ability to manage multiple requests at a time;
- Excellent teamwork skills in a multicultural environment;
- Detailed work style and strong work ethics;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines