Intern - General Finance Support
United Nations Environment Programme, Geneva, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of the Head of the Climate Finance Unit, the intern will:
- Support the Head of the Climate Finance Unit, the Programme Officer and other team members within UNEP with ongoing activities related to various initiatives that are part of the land use finance programme
- Carry out relevant background analysis on private sector engagement in the agribusiness, finance and extractive sectors
- Support work in relation to the finance facilities that are being set up to unlock private finance for sustainable land use
- Draft minutes and briefings
- Carry out other duties on a needs basis
Applicants must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Enrollment in a graduation programme focused on (environmental) economics, finance, business administration or natural resource management OR
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent) OR
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation
- Computer literate in standard software applications
- Good analytical skills
- Has demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and has a personal commitment to the ideals of the UN Charter
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the official working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable.