Intern - Information Systems & Communication Technology
United Nations Secretariat, Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
- This internship is located with the Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT), Department of Management (DM). The internship is UNPAID and full-time (five days per week for 35 hours), for a minimum duration of two (2) months and can be extended up to six (6) months. Interns will work under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
The intern will provide support to OICT’s strategic and/or operational programmes. Examples of duties to be performed may include the following:
- Support towards the various stages of systems development using information technology project management methodology, to include for example design, development, installation, systems analysis, programming and operations support;
- Participate in training activities, including the preparation of training material and user documentation, and compilation of relevant information;
- Support towards strengthened business relationships to include coordination of responses to client requirements and the delivery of OICT services and solutions;
- Provide support towards ensuring adoption of OICT initiatives, to include the development of communications and marketing materials, using design, publishing and/or video production software;
- Attend and support the preparation of meetings, conferences, workshops and other events;
- Support the activities of OICT as needed as deemed necessary by their supervisor
- Provide support towards innovation using modern technology like AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, etc.
- Support the team in Training and documentation using tools like User Productivity Kit (UPK ) tools.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views;
- Have demonstrated intention to study further or work in a field relevant to the work of Information and Communications Technology, Information Management, Project Management, Business Management, Marketing, Communications and/or Library Science;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Be familiar with cutting-edge technology and tools and/or have experience with social networking and collaboration platforms;
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.