Intern, Journalism and Marketing, RPM
International Civil Aviation Organization, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) sets international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) for aviation safety,
air navigation, security and environmental protection. To that effect, ICAO is a knowledge-based organization engaged in the
development of intellectual property. The Revenue and Product Management (RPM) Section is part of the Bureau of Administration and
Services (ADB) and is focused on revenue-generating activities of the Organization. The portfolio of revenue-generating activities includes
publications, periodicals, databases, websites, training, printing and events. The revenues generated by these activities are required to
promote the implementation of ICAO’s Strategic Objectives and to carry out related Programme Support. The Section is responsible for
the overall strategic planning, stakeholders’ collaboration, coordination, promotion, and distribution of these sellable products in close
coordination with the other Bureaux/Offices of the Organization.
The Product Management Unit (PTM) is responsible for identifying analysing and implementing revenue generating opportunities in ICAO.
In addition, the unit conducts marketing and branding efforts to bring products to market and achieve revenue targets.
Under the guidance of the Head, Product Management Unit, the intern will support the marketing team on initiatives related to its online
magazine. In this context, s/he may work with different units in ICAO in collaborative business initiatives.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The intern will work closely with the rest of the unit to:
- Provide editing and copywriting support for ICAO event marketing;
- Assist in curating and drafting content for the ICAO online magazine;
- Assist in the development of social media posts, organic and paid, to promote UnitingAviation.com articles and drive greater brand awareness and readership of the platform;
- Support the development of marketing and sales collateral for RPM products and services (print and digital);
- Format and publish articles from legacy issues of ICAO’s publications on to the UnitingAviation.com online magazine;
- Assist in the development of a contributor programme to increase the diversity of content published on UnitingAviation.com;
- Conduct research on aviation publishers, international organizations, aviation partners, and other relevant bodies that can provide relevant content to ICAO’s online magazine;
- Utilize digital tools to develop profiles on social media influencers, journalists, and bloggers;
- Monitor and report on analytics for unitingaviation.com;
- Perform other related duties.
- At the time of application, candidates must have completed or be enrolled in a graduate degree programme (second-level university
- degree, or higher). Exceptionally, for programme support activities and/or administrative/services functions (conference services,
- information technology, languages, human resources, finance, communications, etc.), enrolment in a university degree shall be the
- minimum eligibility requirement.
- Knowledge of digital communications and publishing platforms. Layout and design experience would be an asset.
- Essential requirements: Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
- Desirable requirements: A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).