Intern Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
United Nations Development Programme, Russia
Closing Date for Applications:
The regional project "Knowledge Management and Capacity Building in Russia-UNDP Partnership" (KM project) is being directly implemented by the Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH) with the project management and implementation support by the Partnership Support Office in the Russian Federation based in Moscow and in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and funded by the Government of the Russian Federation.
- The Phase II of the KM project aims to scale up several mechanisms of Russian expertise sharing to support achievement of sustainable, scalable development impact in partner countries, including through implementation of the Internship programme for highly qualified graduate students enrolled in a Master’s programme or equivalent with Russian citizenships.
- The aim of the Internship programme is to enhance the theoretical knowledge of interns through substantive engagement with sustainability practices and policies of the Organization while assisting with the initiatives and plans that are already in place and those that are in the pipeline.
- During the assignment the UNDP will provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices in an online format, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments; expose them to work of the Organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of UNDP goals, principles and activities; and provide UNDP offices with the assistance of graduated students specialized in various professional fields.
- In light of the travel restrictions imposed by a growing number of countries in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus, internships in this round will be organized in remote mode.
- The KM project team will provide Interns with guidance on the assignment in remote mode at UNDP Country Offices (CO) in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan or IRH in accordance with the ToR for the period of 3 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
Selected interns are also expected to perform the following duties:
- Conduct research in the thematic priority areas that are determined jointly by a supervisor and an intern if applicable;
- Preparation of informational briefs and notes on the project/programme implementation;
- Compiling international best practices, lessons learned, and experiences;
- Provide substantive support to the UNDP programme clusters’ activities (including a webinar, online conferences, and other events);
- Provide support to the development of outreach materials on key thematic development areas (articles, stories, factsheets)
- Support the team’s day-to-day operations and other ad hoc tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- All applications are reviewed, and the eligible candidates are selected on the basis of a CVs, a motivation letter, and an interview
- Interns are selected on a competitive basis in accordance with the minimum qualifications required:
- Enrollment in a Graduate Programme (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of international relations, economics, local/regional development, communications, social sciences, public health and social protection, social/labor economics, environmental sciences, climate, energy, or other relevant fields.
- Recent Master's graduates can also be considered (candidate must start the internship 1 year after graduation).
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Russian.