Intern-Monitoring & Evaluation
United Nations Development Programme, Panchkula, India
Closing Date for Applications:
UNDP is looking for an intern to support the work of the SDGCC located at Panchkula. The intern will work closely under the overall guidance of the Regional Head (North region) and under direct supervision of Monitoring & Evaluation Lead, SDGCC Haryana.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will work closely under the direct supervision of Monitoring & Evaluation Lead and under overall guidance of Regional Head (North Region) and will be engaged in carrying out the following tasks.
- Assist with the design and development of forms and questionnaires for data collection and analysis
- Data management and cleaning
- Conduct secondary search and assist in the creation of various M&E related reports
- Assist in roll out of SDG Dashboard/CSR Match-making platform
- Participate in internal and external monitoring through assisting in organizing and facilitating various events such as meetings/ workshops
- Any other related task as assigned by the Monitoring & Evaluation Lead
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) Economics, Public Health, Health Informatics, Social Work, Social Science, Mathematics/Statistics or related fields.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) Economics, Public Health, Health Informatics, Social Work, Social Science, Mathematics/Statistics or related fields.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Data collection and analysis in the field of social or economic development fields;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications. Should have knowledge on how to apply formulas/ macros in excel [Intern is expected to have own laptop for work.]
- Should possess excellent qualitative and quantitative skills.
- An understanding of development sector and Sustainable Development Goals in the context of the country.
- Knowledge of tools like SPSS, SAS, Tableau, Power BI etc. is an added advantage
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in working language of the duty station will be an asset.