Intern (Research Data Management)
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- Assist researchers identify research data for submission and define metadata
- Assist researcher with review of data for consistency and quality
- Upload or assist uploading the data and metadata to the WorldFish account at Dataverse dataverse.org
- Assist preparation of educational and motivational material to teach WorldFish staff about the new procedures and benefits of them
- Assist project leaders prepare data management plans
- Assist project leaders design innovative data capture and entry systems for projects
- Degree in information management or related field with a familiarity with open data in science information management.
- Data set management skills for consistency checks
- Comfort with software for data management
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Hardworking with a good work ethic.
- This position is an excellent opportunity to gain information management experience with an international research organization.
- The internship is predominantly desk-based.
- The intern will also get the chance to interact and collaborate with staff on other projects.
- A monthly stipend, a return ticket (if applicable), and medical insurance shall be provided