Intern - Sport for Development
GIZ, Bonn, Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
Field of activity
The sector project (SV) “Sport for Development” has been implemented by GIZ since 2013 on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The SV's core tasks include advising the BMZ, coordinating relevant German actors, networking with international stakeholders and initiating and implementing measures in partner countries around the world. The aim is to use sport in all its diversity to achieve development goals in different subject areas (e.g. (vocational) education, flight, health, violence prevention, etc.) and thus to provide impetus for change and sustainable development. Finally, the "Sport for Development" approach imparts so-called 'Life Skills' - skills that help Mastering difficult life situations and developing professional prospects for your own future. The United Nations (UN) resolution 58/5, passed in 2003, underscores the contribution of sport to development policy goals and recognizes sport internationally as "a means to promote education, health and the development of peace".
During your internship you will have the following tasks:
- Contribution to processing inquiries from the BMZ
- Administrative / organizational tasks, preparation of documents, preparation of appointments, preparation of presentations, logging, etc.
- Support of consultants in managing project activities
- Support and preparation of public and internal specialist events, publications, etc.
- Attend and record general meetings of the team and other relevant departments in the company
- Support of the team in knowledge management and information exchange
- Support in general day-to-day business
- Completed basic studies or bachelor’s degree in education, social, political or sports sciences or related courses
- Knowledge of sport as an instrument and cross-cutting issue for development
- Knowledge of German and internationally organized sport
- Knowledge of German and international development cooperation
- Previous professional knowledge and initial experience in the context of development cooperation, sport, sport for development and / or similar (international) internships are helpful
- First experience in communication, press and public relations
- Structured and independent way of working
- Very good PC skills (MS Office) are required
- Language skills: Very good written and spoken English; In addition, another foreign language such as French, Arabic and / or Spanish is desirable
- High ability to work in a team, independent work, confident appearance even under stress