About the Organization
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is looking for highly motivated, self-starter, and enthusiastic interns to work with the young and dynamic Strategy and Business Development team. The interns will get an opportunity to operate in a zestful and evolving environment to contribute to a growing portfolio of impactful work in public health. Key responsibilities will be to provide support on activities including, but not limited to knowledge management, assistance in developing concept notes and proposals, decks and program strategy documents for PATH India programs. He/she will also have the opportunity to work closely with all program verticals, including Neglected Tropical Diseases, Tuberculosis and HIV, Mother and Child Health and Nutrition, Vaccines, Impact Lab, and digital health.
As a strategy and BD intern, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Undertake knowledge management by collecting and collating information available under each vertical. This would also include creating and updating program strategy documents and decks.
- Contribute to a country business development action plan
- Coordinate with Business Development, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy, and global teams at PATH to streamline proposal development Conceptualize, coordinate and present at events
- Undertake landscape assessments to seek, sense and analyse trends in the funding environment and develop strategy documents for each vertical to achieve desired objectives.
- Conduct secondary research and landscape analysis for material contributing to the development of concept notes and proposals
- Support the team in coordinating the proposal development process with PATH internal and external stakeholders
- Support the team in preparing for meetings with potential donors, including conducting background research on meeting participants and organization focus areas
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree at a reputed graduate school. Fresh graduates in management or public health are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a complex environment
- Comfort with collaborating across all levels of leadership internally
- Basic research and analytical skills, including the ability to proactively identify opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure
- Excellent command over MS Office applications, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent in written and spoken English
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during Internship:
- Conducting background research on public health donor priorities, landscape and successful proposals
- Preparation of collateral to clearly demonstrate value proposition of an NGO to prospective donors and partners
- Knowledge of global health, digital health, non-profit management, and business development
- Fostering collaboration and coordination among team members
- Exposure to PATH software and programs