Internal Audit Intern
Watan, Gaziantep, Turkey
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Are you looking to get some real-world experience as an internal auditor? Do you have analytical and critical thinking skills, are innovative, detail-oriented, and results-driven? Our Internal Audit team is looking for you!
As an Intern, you will apply operational, analytical, and creative thinking to execute audits and other tasks within the Internal Audit function.
On any given day, you could be interacting with different stakeholders across the organization, review documentation to support observations, aid in preparation for a quality assurance review of the internal audit function. We’ll challenge you to think and work in new ways. We are committed to your growth and will cultivate your continued learning and development.
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing/analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures, in accordance with generally accepted accounting and auditing standards.
- Identify, develop, and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
- Participate in all aspects of team-based internal control reviews to ensure identified risk areas are properly controlled
- Assist the audit planning, reviews, and assessment of business risk
- Create audit papers and audit reports for each audit to ensure legal and external auditor’s compliance.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of projects via written reports and oral presentations to management
- Assist Internal Audit management in the resolution of any non-compliant audit issues for WATAN programs or departments
- Develop and maintain productive auditee and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Management, Finance, Economics, Auditing, Business Analytics.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Turkish and Arabic
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Able to work under pressure
- Works well in teamwork, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Ability to work independently once guidance has been provided.
- Ability to research and apply appropriate results to assigned projects.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions, evaluating arguments, and drawing conclusions.
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re-performance.
- Knowledge of the following IT areas: IT systems, applications, and databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with data analytics tools is a plus.