The Operations Team is part of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT).
UNDP is undertaking a digital transformation to be better equipped to harness digital technology’s potential for development. Our organization has a history of innovation and we will continue to pioneer digital technologies if they provide real answers, but as the potential of technology has increased, so has our ambition. As the pace of digital innovation picks up and our partners’ demands evolve, it is important that UNDP use existing and emerging technologies in a pragmatic and structured manner.
The Internal Communications Assistant will be engaged in advancing UNDP Digital Transformation pathway to using digital technologies to improve the quality, relevance and impact of UNDP´s work, while also improving the efficiency of UNDP’s operational systems and internal processes. This pathway involves advancing knowledge sharing, improved data usage, and greater efficiency.
The Internal Communications Assistant is to assist in realizing UNDP’s digital strategy and assist in the organization’s investing in new learning opportunities to create a common understanding of digital concepts and capabilities across the organization, build a global network of Digital Champions who will help identify needs, and support their colleagues in utilizing digital technologies. Workstream 3 will be a major focus for this role, particularly in empowering and increasing digital literacy and digital communication.
The Internal Communications Assistant is responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of UNDP Digital Platforms adoption communication and outreach activities;
- Assisting with the maintenance of Intranet sites, online networks, and knowledge repositories;
- Administrative support to the reporting and monitoring of UNDP Digital Platforms Adoptions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the implementation of UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption communication and outreach activities:
- Support implementation and update of the UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption communication strategy/yearly work plan;
- Assist with the design and implementation of the UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption internal social media strategy for branding and outreach;
- Administrative and logistical support to the communications team, including for initiatives such as webinars, launches, etc.
- Provision inputs of presentations, documentation, and display materials related to the UNDP Digital Platforms adoption activities;
- Respond to standard queries and unsolicited applications.
Assisting with the maintenance of Intranet sites, online networks, and knowledge repositories:
- Assist with the maintenance/update/improvements of the Collaboration Toolbox Intranet site, including implementing latest trends/best practices;
- Assist with the updates and preparation of content for the Collaboration Toolbox Intranet site ensuring consistency of the online material;
- Maintain the content and digital presence in UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption networks/tools;
- Identify and collect documentation of best practices and lessons learned.
Assisting with reporting and monitoring of UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption activities:
- Extract and collect data of the Digital Platforms Adoption client surveys;
- Compilation and preparation of data for statistical reports;
- Support and formulate presentation of data for reporting purposes.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. University degree desirable, but not a requirement;
- Academic/Education in French or Spanish is an asset.
- With secondary education: minimum 6 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in related activities;
- With Bachelor or higher degree: minimum 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in related activities;
- Knowledge of IT software packages (Adobe Suite, PowerBI, MS Office suite, etc.);
- Experience in managing data and drafting reports;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, especially Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and database systems and web development/content management software;
- Experience in communications, including language editing, branding, social media presence.
- Fluency in English;
- Strong working knowledge of French and Spanish.