Internal Communications Specialist
Human Technopole, Milan, Italy
Closing Date for Applications:
The role, reporting to the Head of Communications and as interim to the Head of HR, will be responsible for delivering all internal communications, including the management and regular update of the HT intranet.
- Lead on all internal communication activities including devising an internal communication plan and strategy;
- Project and manage the organisation of internal events and meetings and work with external vendors and internal stakeholders to create support materials;
- Promote HT values and mission among staff;
- Help shape an internal culture of openness, diversity, dynamism and collaboration;
- Collect and create content for the HT intranet, internal newsletter and other internal communications tools;
- Develop reports and surveys to track people engagement and results of internal communications activities;
- Work closely, providing advice to other departments, on the communication of topics and programmes related to, for example, welfare and wellness, diversity, health and safety, and campus development projects;
- Support and advise Senior Management in the delivery of updates and sharing of sensitive information.
- Degree in Communications or related fields;
- At least five years of experience in internal communications in an international, multicultural environment; preference will be given to applicants with experience in large academic institutions or in internationally recognized research organizations;
- Native or fluent English speaker;
- Excellent English writing skills and proven ability to draft editorial content;
- Proven ability to devise creative and engaging content across a variety of channels (both online and offline);
- Knowledge of Change management approach or methodology;
- Strong collaborator, comfortable with change and able to navigate through ambiguous situations in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and to change priorities;
- Ability to build trust through operating with transparency and creating an open and positive environment;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint will be considered an asset.