International- Communication Consultant
United Nations Development Programme, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date for Applications:
To this end, UN Women Ethiopia is seeking to engage the services of an international consultant to support social media visibility in preparation of the above planned joint e-events and other joint initiatives to be implemented within the 2 months period. The consultant will also support with documentation as well as sharing of key outcomes of the meeting.
Duties and Responsibilities
The communication consultant will be required to undertake the following:
- Develop creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and design and layout of reports and other products.
- Design of reports and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution.
- Improve and edit artwork, photos, charts and other graphic elements.
- Layout and design information and communication materials (banners, posters, bulletins, flyers)
- Create different illustrative materials such as animation, gifs, and presentations ( and design of CD/DVD packaging
- Custom photo editing
- Infographic, graphic design for network activities, banners, fliers, social media posts, and other creative multimedia content to support the implementation of the advocacy during the contract period.
Required Skills and Experience
- A degree in Communication, Arts and creative design, Journalism, Political science, Gender studies, Peace and Security or related field with
- A minimum of four years relevant experience.
- Experience in the design and management of advocacy campaigns will constitute a sold advantage.
- Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
- UNWomen Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment .
- Proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of French will constitute an advantage.