International Graphic Design Consultant
United Nations Development Programme, Remote Work, Laos
Closing Date for Applications:
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- The UN Country Team (UNCT) is led by the UN Resident Coordinator (RC), the designated representative of the UN Secretary General in the Lao PDR. The RC leads the UN’s overall engagement and cooperation with Lao PDR, and strategic guidance and coordination for the operational activities of the UN System and its agencies, funds and programmes at the country level, ensuring that the UN System is able to provide efficient and effective development support.
- The Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) serves as the secretariat to the RC and UNCT, providing organizational, advisory and management support, and facilitating the UN System’s joint strategic planning. The RCO draws on the expertise and experience of the entire UN family, promoting information exchange, cooperation and collaboration among UN agencies, and supporting joint initiatives, for instance on the localization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The 13th High-Level Round Table Meeting (RTM) of the Government of Lao PDR and UN country team in Lao PDR is currently scheduled for mid-November 2021. To support for this important event which happens every five years, a number of communication products are planned to produce. This requires a dedicated designer to support the designing work for the RTM. The graphic design consultant will assist the Communications Team and Technical Team of UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (UNRCO) and the UNCG to prepare visually attractive communication materials in line with UN and UN supported Government branding and in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The consultant will work on individual assignments for up to 18 working days throughout the contract period, and is expected to deliver timely and high-quality layout designs.
The consultant is expected to:
- Understand the context and type of materials/items to design.
- Propose a couple of design work for each communication materials for the consideration of the Communications Team and the Technical Team.
- If any changes are requested, the consultant must revise the design until the Communication Team satisfactorily accepts it.
- Work closely with the Communications Team and ensure that design work follow the UN Branding Guidelines.
- Provide the final artwork of designed publications as a package in PDF, PNG/JPG and ADOBE In-Design formats and/or source files, including text fonts used in design, and provide the final text in WORD document if any changes in text are made for design.
- Liaise with the national graphic design consultant to ensure all design files (source files) are transferred properly for the adaptation into Lao language under the oversight of the UNDP national communications officer.
- The Communications Team under UNRCO is responsible to provide inputs including branding guidelines, photos and other needed information for the consultant to complete the assignment.
- All products produced by the consultant under this consultancy will remain the UN property and under the UN copyright.
- Possess and highly trained to use ADOBE In-Design, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Good coordination skills
- Results-oriented, patient and hands-on with good team work skills
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: A university degree in graphic design or similar disciplines. A certificate of at least 2 years full-time training plus 2 years of extra work experience as a graphic designer would be acceptable, in lieu of the university degree;
- At least 5 years of experience in graphic design work for publications;.
- Work experience with public entities or international organisations in the region. Familiarity with UN work and its branding is an asset;
Languages: Fluent English is required