International Legislation Advisor
Government of Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The International Legislation Advisor will be based in the consultants section of Legislation and Policies Department and will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance to the Legislation and Policies Department of CSMD about the relevant subject matters.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- The International Legislation Advisor is expected to:
- Contribute in providing the initial draft of the Basic Organic Law;**
- Explain, substantiate and support any recommendations to alter, amend, and/or change the current civil service legal-regulatory framework;**
- So as to promote the sustainability of the civil servants law; identify the impact of any amendment(s) recommended in other Afghanistan laws such as the Labour Law, the Civil Service Law and other relevant legislations;**
- Propose a strategy for the implementation of any changes and/or amendments to the current legislations;**
- In consultation with the relevant IARCSC leadership, staff, and advisors, assist in the development of periodic and ad hoc reports/briefings as may be required for relevant GIRoA and donor agency officials;
- Other activities as assigned by the Policies and Legislation Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Masters in Law or Public Administration and Law. Candidates with Ph.D. will be given preference in the same field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in legislation and drafting of legal documents, preferably working with the public administration and governments.
- Knowledge of Afghanistan’s Law; especially the laws governing the civil service.