International Programme Manager
Riksförbundet För Sexuell Upplysning, Stockholm, Sweden
Closing Date for Applications:
independent of party politics, unions, and religion. We work locally, nationally and internationally with sexual and reproductive rights (SRHR). RFSU’s offices and clinic are located in central Stockholm. Find out more about RFSU in English here
RFSU’s purpose is to drive and mobilise for change towards sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), choice and pleasure. Our international priority areas within SRHR are access to safe abortion, access to sexuality education and sexuality and non-discrimination. RFSU aims to strengthen international legal, political and financial support for SRHR, and contributes to civil society agency on SRHR, by partnering with other civil society actors and supporting progressive civil society voices in low- and middle-income countries. RFSU cooperates with approximately 40 civil society organisations in 20 different countries worldwide.
- We are looking for a person who will manage the co-creation of a network addressing SRHR in Liberia and for the development of a multicountry project in Africa with the aim to advance SRHR. Guided by RFSU partner-principles, the main task are:
- Together with different stakeholder responsible for the co-creation of multi-country project covering several countries in Africa and a national project in Liberia
- Monitor implementation and progress towards agreed results
- Manage project staff in projects
- Assess and approve the project's annual workplans, budgets, reports and applications for funding.
- Manage relationships with back-donors and responsible for delivering reporting etc according to contractual agreements.
- Build relationships and establish dialogue with Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sida, IPPF and other actors that are relevant for the projects and SRHR development in the respective country/region.
- Contribute to the overall learning of the international department
- The work involves travel about 3- 4 times a year, spending approximately 7-10 days per trip. The role is positioned at the RFSU office in Stockholm and reports to the Director of the International Department.