International UNV Administrative and Budget Officer
UNV, Bangui, Central African Republic
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
- Maintain an accurate staffing table and contacts list for all personnel employed within the section.
- Keep a contact list for key mission staff/offices, governmental offices, local and international
- companies and UN Agencies.
- Prepare all correspondence (including administrative documents) of the Section and ensure distribution.
- Coordinate and monitor all administrative issues and requirement of Transport Section (e.g. Stationeries, Office Equipment).
- Process all incoming and outgoing correspondences (memo, fax, reports) and ensure the distribution to other offices/units according to importance and urgency.
- Take notes and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Arrange and maintain the CTO calendar.
- Maintain the filing system (electronic & hard copy) of the office, reference materials and be responsible of the archive system.
- Ensure the attendance of the Transport Section, e.g. sick leave; leave requests.
- Distribute all relevant correspondences from the Mission Administration or the CTO to all the Units / Personnel of Transport Section.
- Coordinate all official regional and international travel arrangements (MOP, PT8, F10 etc.).
- Assist and give guidance on Personnel issues to national staff.
- Supervise one local staff (Office Assistant).
- Assist the Chief Transport Officer by providing input for the formulation of Transport operation and acquisition plans for the year.
- Assist in providing input that contributes to the raising the annual budgets for the Section.
- Process payment of invoices related to the Section.
- Produce relevant budget reports on status of the budget and related to the establishment of the yearly budget.
- Support the development and implementation of the budget.
- Carry out Service Entry Sheets in UMOJA and pursue all R&I reports to ensure that payments to vendors, consultants and contractors are made on time and as per the contract.
- Follow the costs recovery of the Section and raise the corresponding documents in UMOJA.
- Send out monthly and annual insurance reports to the UNHQ regarding Transport Section’s assets.
- Assist in the registration and insurance of vehicles in accordance with the local laws.
- Provide statistical input and prepare reports by use of reporting tools available in UMOJA.
- Manage the petty cash of the Transport Section.
- Carry out all other tasks and responsibilities as directed by the chief of the section
- When working with national personnel or (non-)governmental counterparts, the Volunteer is strongly encouraged to set aside dedicated time for training, coaching, mentoring and capacity development.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level:
Technical/Vocational diploma Education - Additional Comments:
- Secretarial, Office Administration, Business management or financial & budget
Diploma or equivalent
24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in budget and administrative work.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge.