Org. Setting and Reporting
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) sets international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) for aviation safety, air navigation, security and environmental protection. To that effect, ICAO is a knowledge-based organization engaged in the development of intellectual property. The Revenue and Product Management (RPM) Section is part of the Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) and is focused on revenue-generating activities of the Organization. The portfolio of revenue-generating activities includes publications, periodicals, databases, websites, training, printing and events. The revenues generated by these activities are required to promote the implementation of ICAO’s Strategic Objectives and to carry out related Programme Support. The Section is responsible for the overall strategic planning, stakeholders’ collaboration, coordination, promotion, and distribution of these sellable products in close coordination with the other Bureaus/Offices of the Organization.
The Product Management Unit (PTM) is responsible for identifying, analysing and implementing revenue generating opportunities in ICAO. In addition, the Unit conducts marketing and branding efforts to bring products to market and achieve revenue targets.
Under the guidance of the Head, Product Management Unit, the intern will support the marketing team on initiatives related to its online magazine. In this context, s/he may work with different units in ICAO in collaborative business initiatives.
The intern will work closely with the rest of the Unit to:
- Assist in the development of creative and engaging landing pages to generate leads for ICAO’s products and events;
- Assist in the execution of email campaigns to promote and generate leads for ICAO’s products and events;
- Develop social media (organic and paid) and SEM campaigns to promote ICAO’s blog content and generate leads;
- Conduct research on the aviation industry and international aviation organizations to find appropriate leads for driving attendance and sponsorship/exhibitions at ICAO events, as well as generate leads for ICAO’s products;
- Utilize digital tools to develop profiles on social media influencers, journalists, and bloggers;
- Coordinate written content creation for UnitingAviation.com;
- Contribute to the development of the CRM system by importing potential leads into the platform;
- Assist in developing marketing automation campaigns as required, for event and product awareness;
- Assist in reporting of web and advertising analytics;
- Research, brainstorm and conceptualize design ideas;
- Work collaboratively with the team to make design developments;
- Reach an understanding of print production and web optimized assets;
- Perform other related duties.
- Applicants must, at the time of application, have completed or be enrolled in a university degree or higher. The programme must be in a field of study related to marketing, business, communications, public or business administration, political science and/or journalism.
- Knowledge of digital communications and publishing platforms. Layout and design experience would be an asset.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.