- The United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC) is the leading provider of Information Technology and Communications (ICT) services within the United Nations System. Over the last four decades, UNICC has been continually expanding the services it is providing to its Partners in various parts of the world, and in various areas of ICT.
- As a part of the UN family, UNICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, its core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer-focus, accountability, understanding cross-cultural differences, excellence, innovation and teamwork. This combination has made ICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System.
- UNICC is committed to delivering reliable ICT services driven by best practices. With its world-class technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, together with the vast cross-domain experience of its very knowledgeable staff, UNICC is always ready to offer UN-friendly shared solutions to the United Nations System of Organizations.
Purpose of the position:
- UNICC is offering a great opportunity to acquire practical experience in and direct exposure to a whole range of human resources and communication activities. The small yet dynamic HR section (CHR) is involved in a number of exciting projects covering the whole HR spectrum and offers HR support to staff and Managers in our 5 duty stations. The selected intern will mainly support the communication and outreach efforts as part of the Selection and Recruitment activities of the Centre.
Organizational setting and reporting:
- Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of the Senior HR Assistant in the Human Resources Section.
Responsabilities could include:
- Provide support to the HR Operations team in preparing recruitment documents and internship documents such as contracts, offers of appointment, and all necessary correspondence. Assist with the onboarding of staff and interns
- Assist the operations team in performing a variety of administrative duties (teleworking requests, preparing Purchase requests (PR) to renew internships, support organization of training courses, and/or preparation of consultancy contracts)
- Provide general office support services; process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications
- Maintain automated database containing HR related statistics and prepare periodic reports
- Prepare agenda and provide relevant documentation required for operational meetings
- Act as rapporteur on behalf of CHR and attend interview processes, draft Selection Reports and liaise with panel members for comments and endorsement of reports, as and when required
- Monitor the relevant inbox and provide assistance with selection queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients
- Assist in the organizing of selection processes including coordinating on the availability of the panel members, preparation of all necessary documentation, interview schedule logistics, reference checking as and when required
- Provide HR operational support, as and when required
Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behaviour; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
Communication: Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others; actively listens. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
Knowing and Managing Yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective and constructive way. Uses criticism as a developmental opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- To qualify for this internship, applicants must be currently enrolled in a University programme (final year of a Master’s degree or equivalent) with one of the following specializations: Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Linguistics or must have graduated in the last 6 months.
Work Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience to participate in UNICC’s internships programme, but applicants should have the following functional and technical skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to draft various types of reports
- Excellent interactive and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English is required (verbal and written)
- Intermediate knowledge of French, Spanish or Italian language is desirable.